Why my 3 year old _child not speaking fluently?
I hope you wanted to know why your child isn't talking is because , you might have compared your child with any child you met , isn't it ?
Even I was worrying alot when my first born child gets 3 years old and talking only few words. But other kids with same age speaks like elders. I was wondering why only my my child.??
I cried many times that it might be my mistake somewhere. I was thinking whole day and Night about that . I was calculating what might be the mistakes I have done and if other kids in the same age can talk but why my child isn't ?
He has many things to say but he cannot engage the words to complete what he wanted to say .He was a very clever boy and very creative too . The only problem I find out was ,while me and my husband speak in English others at home used Tamil . May be he is confused with languages, but some how he expressed his feelings and needs . Me , hubby and my elder son , and my niece understand what he says , but non of the others.
People start laughing at him and hinting at me for his un clear speech . Few said he will speak better in future and others blamed me for speaking in English with him , they told me speak what he understands, but I wanted my kid to speak in English and wanted to send him to an English medium school. My mother language is Tamil , so I know he will catch up Tamil how ever but not English . Now a days those who studied and fluent in English achieved more than those who speak other languages. Those who are unable to speak in English struggle in everything.
Now my child is 3 and a half and speaking very well and connecting and using proper tenses .
So momma's don't worry or feel guilty for what people's comment about your child, teach what ever you want to for you kids , don't force them , but it takes time but they will speak in English when he /she learnt well . If your child is 3 years and still not speaking a word , check whether he /she can hear well and there's no problems in there toung . When you doubt that your child can't hear properly go to a doctor as soon as possible.
Other wise you really not needed to worry about the delay of speech . Let them learn the proper way of speak , use fine languages when you speak , repeat the same word with them they will learn it . Children are so eager to learn because they need words to express their feelings . So teach them , when they just show their hand to ask something teach them " say GIVE" they will learn .
I'm so proud and happy to see my kid speaking now . He is clever enough to use more vocabulary. As we teach them from colour full books and TV and the nature. Teach them it's a beautiful mountain covered with clouds . Come "let's fly like a bird ". They love when we act like a kid . No worries if anyone tell them anything about the delay of your child's speaking. The great scientist , and my all time favourite Albert Einstein start speaking in his age of 6. How clever he became.
Trust me , just teach them , every word ,repeat them they will learn it . And speak soon for your Astonishment .


Comments